Here we have Alex, a half blood who lives in a society where half bloods are either mindless servants, guards, or sentinels to the pure bloods. After living outside in the mortal realm for 3 years with her mother, she is forced back to convenant. Her mother is dead and she is has no where to go. Alex's dream is to be a sentinel and fight of daimons (fancy way to spell demons.) Unfortunately, she's 3 years behind in school. That is where Aiden St. Delphi, "hottie extraordinaire" comes in to help her train.
a rip off of vampire academy, but I like alex infinitely better than rose. She is more human in the sense that she has emotions, like anger and despair. A lot of it too. I also enjoy that whiney Lisa wasn't here. Caleb, Alex's best friend, is a much better partner in crime. Aiden is pretty much Dmitri in everyway. It's like Armentrout was dying to just copywrite Dmitri but just BARELY made them different. by making Aiden boring. But different.
How is it soo like vampire academy you say? Like, really. Is it all that similar? Let's compare:
1. We have daimons...aka Strigoi who are turned in pretty much the same way.
2. Strigoi learn to think and group together. Oh guess what, Daimons do too. WHAT??
3. Hiding out in the mortal world for a while until the main character is forced to come back to school.
4. Forbidden love thing with the fighting instructor/guard dude.
5. There are more but I can't even fricking ruin them because spoilers.
I read this as a tamer version of VA. Though, like I said, I liked Alex better, because Emotions, and generally, she's funnier. I gave up on VA around book 5. Let's see if I do better on this series and make it all the way through.