a rip off of vampire academy, but I like alex infinitely better than rose. She is more human in the sense that she has emotions, like anger and despair. A lot of it too. I also enjoy that whiney Lisa wasn't here. Caleb, Alex's best friend, is a much better partner in crime. Aiden is pretty much Dmitri in everyway. It's like Armentrout was dying to just copywrite Dmitri but just BARELY made them different. by making Aiden boring. But different.
1. We have daimons...aka Strigoi who are turned in pretty much the same way.
2. Strigoi learn to think and group together. Oh guess what, Daimons do too. WHAT??
3. Hiding out in the mortal world for a while until the main character is forced to come back to school.
4. Forbidden love thing with the fighting instructor/guard dude.
5. There are more but I can't even fricking ruin them because spoilers.
I read this as a tamer version of VA. Though, like I said, I liked Alex better, because Emotions, and generally, she's funnier. I gave up on VA around book 5. Let's see if I do better on this series and make it all the way through.